By accessing and/or using this website you agree to be bound by Machinesonlines’ Terms and Conditions of Use as amended from time to time. If you have not read Machinesonlines’ Terms and Conditions of Use please click here.
This policy sets out how Machinesonline collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information.
How does Machinesonline protect my privacy?:
Machinesonline respects the importance of your privacy and is bound by the Privacy Act (1988) (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) including the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”), and applicable privacy regulations. Machinesonline is committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information and has policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
What personal information about me is collected?:
Personal information collected by Machinesonline will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the services that we are providing to you and may include:
– identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
– contact information which may include email address and mobile phone number;
– bank account and credit account details;
– user IDs and passwords;
– services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
– business information, such as ABN and licence number;
– information submitted in placing an advertisement, for example vehicle details and pricing;
– information submitted in applying for or requesting a quote for a related product such as finance or insurance;
– your IP address, information about the devices on which you visit this website, as well as other websites linking from this website, and your activities on those devices or sites (including browser and operating system, time, date, referral information, location, carrier and site interactions);
– third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
your public social profile information (e.g. name, profile picture) together with the email address you use to log into your social media account;
– records and content of communications with Machinesonline or any other person including records and content using communications services (as that term is defined in Machinesonline’’ Terms and Conditions of Use);
– if you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time, personal information relating to your survey responses;
– if you are applying for employment with us, personal information that is relevant to such employment; and
– information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
Please note that any records and content provided in hard copy format may be stored and scanned electronically by Machinesonline.
Machinesonline does not collect sensitive information as defined in the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records (save where provided by law enforcement authorities) or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, Machinesonline may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
How is my personal information collected?:
Machinesonline collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
– directly from you when you provide information directly to Machinesonline in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise), for example when you create an advertisement on one of our websites;
– when you inquire about an item on one of this websites; when you subscribe to a newsletter or any alerts;
– when you purchase goods or services from Machinesonline or a third party via this website or any other website owned or managed by PFIT or MCH; when you enter a competition or promotion conducted by Machinesonline, or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
– directly from you when you communicate with Machinesonline or any other person using this website’s communications services;
– from third parties such as resellers of Machinesonlines’ services and service providers to Machinesonline; or of any other website owned or managed by PFIT or MCH;
– operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on this website (Linked Sites);
– social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
– from 3rd party data providers and other entities where you have directed or otherwise consented to the collecting entity (or a service provider on its behalf) sending us data;
– through use of Machinesonlines’ proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
– from organisations identified or described under the heading ‘How is personal information disclosed’, which include Machinesonline (PFIT and MCH), our service providers and other third parties so that we may provide an enhanced and more relevant user experience, service or product to you.
Machinesonline may also collect personal information about you if you are a Machinesonline ‘Member’. This information may be collected from you directly when you subscribe to receive email alerts via this website or from third parties.
How is my personal information used?:
More specifically, your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
– to maintain appropriate business records;
– to research, develop, improve and use within Machinesonline’s products and services and by its outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services;
– to respond to an enquiry or provide our services, products or assistance that you request from us;
– to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
– to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Machinesonline services;
– to generate statistics in relation to this website and any other website owned or managed by Machinesonline;
– for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
– to promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, please let us know by clicking here or using the unsubscribe facility in a direct marketing communication sent to you);
– for purposes connected with the operation of this website;
– for staff training and quality assurance;
– to aggregate personal information with our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
– to contact winners of trade promotions run by Machinesonline.
How is my personal information shared?:
Machinesonline may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than Machinesonline. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
Machinesonline affiliated businesses, companies and staff:
The public if you advertise on this website or use publicly available communications services;
individuals and organisations that advertise on this website if you submit an enquiry or seek or acquire certain services through this website – depending on your enquiry or the services being sought or acquired, these may include:
– private advertisers;
– licensed car dealers;
– licensed machinery dealers;
– machinery brokers;
– original equipment manufacturers;
– car and truck brokers;
– operators of third party web sites, co-branded web sites and applications and advertising served to Machinesonline by third parties;
– financial service providers;
– insurance service providers;
– vehicle inspection service providers;
– transportation service providers;
– payment services providers;
– valuation service providers;
– outsourced service providers who assist any of the above persons to provide services;
If you do not want Machinesonline to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit an inquiry or acquire those services.
– outsourced service providers who assist Machinesonline to provide its services including:
– information technology providers;
– marketing and market research advisers and survey providers;
– professional advisers;
– data service providers, who may also disclose your personal information to our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them (you can opt out of this type of activity by letting us know here); and
– payment platforms;
– entities to whom you request we send your information;
– resellers of Machinesonlines’ services;
– organisations involved in a sale/transfer of a Machinesonline company or any of its assets, business or shares;
to assist government or regulatory authorities or police; and
– as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
TEST TEST TEST Membership to this website:
(a) If you choose to become a member of this website, additional products and services may be made available to you.
(b) By becoming a member of this website, you agree to receive electronic communications from Machinesonline about its products and services.
(c) If you choose to utilise membership products and services, you agree to abide by any additional terms and conditions of those specific products and / or services.
(a) Machinesonline may provide you with the ability to communicate with sellers, advertisers, members and users of this website through agreements, online forms, IVR, electronic requests and enquires, bulletin boards, blogs, competition entries, online forums, inbound phone number services and other forms of electronic messaging (“Communications Services”).
(b) You acknowledge that Communications Services may be public and not private communications. Further, you acknowledge that Communication Services may be collected, stored and scanned by Machinesonline. You should not however, consider Communication Services to have been reviewed, screened, or approved by Machinesonline.
(c) Use of the Communications Services is provided on condition that You do not do any of the following:
i. transmit any information or material which is knowingly incorrect, misleading or deceptive;
ii. transmit any racist, sexist, defamatory, infringing, obscene, abusive, indecent or unlawful information or any material otherwise deemed by Machinesonline to be threatening, hurtful or otherwise inappropriate;
iii. transmit spam, chain letters, contests, junk mail, surveys or other mass messaging;
iv. use the Communications Services for any unlawful purpose;
v. post or upload files that contain software or other material or information in breach of any person’s intellectual property or privacy rights.
vi. upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, worms, defects or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or damage any this website’s infrastructure;
vii. delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
viii. advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters other than as approved by Machinesonline.
ix. download any file posted by another user of the Communications Services that you know, or reasonably should know, is unlawful or contrary to these terms and conditions.
x. excessively use the Communications Services in a manner which may hinder or prevent Machinesonline from providing services to any other persons or which may threaten the integrity or use by any person of this website;
xi. authorise, aid, abet encourage or incite any person to do any of the above acts.
(d) Machinesonline may, but has no obligation to, review the use of the Communications Services by you and in its absolute discretion may delete, edit, refuse to post or remove in whole or part any information or material uploaded or posted using the Communications Services. Machinesonline may also suspend or terminate the membership of any member determined by Machinesonline to be in breach of this provision.
(a) Any software, including HTML code and ActiveX controls, that is made available to download from the Machinesonline Network (“Software”) is owned by Machinesonline and/or its suppliers.
(b) Your use of the Software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the Software (“License Agreement”). You must agree to the terms of the License Agreement before using the Software.
(c) If there is no License Agreement, Machinesonline grants you a personal, non-transferable license to use the Software for viewing and otherwise using this website in accordance with these terms and conditions, and for no other purpose. You must not:
i. copy, reproduce, translate, adapt, vary or modify in whole or in part or the Software;
ii. reverse assemble or reverse compile or directly or indirectly allow or cause a third party to reverse assemble or reverse compile, in whole or in part, the Software;
iii. introduce or use any device, software or routine that interferes or attempts to interfere with the operation of the Software; or
iv. sub-license, rent, lease, lend or grant to any person any rights to use the Software other than as set out in this paragraph.
Machinesonline and Your Privacy:
(a) Private Sellers: To read Machinesonline’s Private Seller Terms and Conditions click here. If you choose to sell an item using this website you must agree to the Machinesonline Private Seller Terms and Conditions.
(c) Competitions To read Machinesonline Competition Terms and Conditions click here.
(d) Email a friend: Where this website allows you to email a friend, you warrant that the person to whom the email is addressed has consented to the email being sent; and indemnify Machinesonline, its officers, representatives, employees, contractors, servants and agents against all actions, claims and demands (including the cost of defending or setting any actions, claims and demands) arising out of or in respect of sending any email or any contravention of the SPAM Act 2003.
(e) Machinesonline uses Stripe and Paypal ……..Assembly Payments) as its service provider for payment services (acting as a payment facilitator and/or escrow agent for transactions between Machinesonline Network sellers and buyers). By using these services, you agree to be bound by the Assembly Payments End User Terms which are located here.
What Law Governs these Terms and Conditions:
This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State or Territory of Australia in which:
For commercial uses of this website, the registered head office is located: For Private users of the website, the user’s residential address is located.
Machinesonline May Change These Terms and Conditions:
(b) Machinesonline may cease to provide you with access to this website or any of its services without notice.
(c) All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
Viruses & Malware:
(a) Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the pages of this website are free from viruses, Machinesonline give no warranties that they are in-fact free from viruses or Malware contagion; and users are responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus and malware checking and protection software.
(b) Machinesonline excludes, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of:
a) the pages on the website or of any other internet website;
b) any material downloaded from this website or any other internet website which is linked to this website..
Scams & Personal Responsibility:
(a) Users of this website, Buyers and/or Sellers and/or Hirers – howsoever described, acknowledge that they are generally aware of the prevalence of internet scams, some of which may be targeted at users of this website, and all such users agree that they have read the Machinesonline ‘Scam Aware’ page which highlights some of these scams and what to look for to assist in avoiding being the victim of a scam. To review our ‘Scam Aware’ page please Click Here.
(b) It is a condition precedent to permission to use this website that any user of this website, Buyer or Seller and/or Hirer – howsoever described, agrees to hold harmless Machinesonline, its staff, management, employees, officers, agents and advisers for any consequences arising from any scam or fraud committed on them by another person using this website or any other website linking to it and/or from it.
If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
A breach of Goodfaith by You shall constitute a breach of these terms and conditions for use of this website. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, ‘Good faith’ shall mean a fair and open dealing in human interactions, with sincere, honest intentions or belief, regardless of the outcome of an action.
Breach of Advertising Rules:
A breach of the Adverting Rules shall constitute a breach of these terms and conditions. Click here to see the Adverting Rules.
Machinesonline has its registered office at Christian Fox Accounting c/- Centennial House, 8 Ingleburn Road, Ingleburn, NSW, 2565 – Australia
PH +61 (02) 9829 3111 – EM firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence should be directed to PO Box 79 Edgecliff NSW 2027 or emailed to email@example.com
Note:- If You have any questions concerning this website and/or any goods or services advertised on this website please contact us – Click Here