Advertising Rules on Machinesonline.com.au
The following information sets out these rules for advertising on machinesonline.com.au. Please ensure you adhere to the rules which apply specifically and in combination with the Terms and Conditions for using this website. Click Here to see the Terms & Conditions
1. Private advert listings are for private persons &/or companies disposing of used machinery only
2. Make and model fields must only include Make & Model information
3. Machinery Description must be at least 100 characters long
4. Keyword spamming is not permitted
5. Each advert must include at least one photo
6. Photos must be of the actual machinery
7. Adverts must not misrepresent items
8. Use of offensive language or profanities in listings is not permitted
9. Adverts cannot infringe third party intellectual property rights
10. Machinery listed must be available for sale
11. Only one machine may be listed per advert
12. Adverts must be machinery or equipment related
13. Buyer inquiries should be answered within 48 hours
14. Sold machinery must be removed within 48 hours
15. Adverts must comply with Australian Fair Trading Laws
16. Duplicating an advert or listing the same machine more than once is not permitted
1. Private advert listings are for private persons &/or companies disposing of used machinery. Private adverts are for private used machinery sales only. Private adverts placed by machinery dealers are automatically suspended.
2. Make and model fields must only include Make & Model information. The make and model fields are purely for the inclusion of machine make and model for accurate classification of your machine. Any other information should be included in the Description field. “Bobcat” “323” tractor for example. The make field should only include “Bobcat” and the model field should only include “323”.
3. Machinery Description should be at least 100 characters long. Information that you should consider including in the advert are the make, model, condition, working hours, parts or support included and location. Good descriptions are likely to result in more genuine and informed sales leads
4. Keyword spamming is not permitted. Adverts must not monotonously repeat words or use brand names or other words inappropriately for the purpose of attracting buyers to a listing.
5. Each advert must include at least one photo of the item listed for sale.
Adverts which have many photos are expected to significantly increase the likelihood of inquiries and sales.
6. Photos must be of the actual machinery &/or equipment listed for sale or hire.
Unacceptable photos including logos, icons, computer generated images, unrelated or generic images &/or duplicated photos are unacceptable and maybe deleted without warning.
7. Adverts must not misrepresent items listed for sale or hire. The item must be described accurately and honestly in your advert otherwise the advert may be deleted without warning. Misrepresentation can include:
- listing ads in inappropriate categories
- entering keywords in the title or description that do not appropriately describe the item
- identifying a totally inaccurate location of the item
8. Use of offensive language or profanities in listings is not permitted. You must not use offensive language or profanities as your listing. If you do, your advert may be deleted without warning. Machinesonline.com.au reputation and the reputation of users of the website is paramount.
9. Adverts cannot infringe third party intellectual property rights. Infringements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Copying and displaying a third party’s logo, item description, photo either from another seller’s advert or from any other source
- Listing or selling an imitation or copy of a brand name’s product
10. Machinery & Equipment advertised must be available for sale. Any machinery listed on machinesonline.com.au must be available for purchase. If the item is not in stock the lead time must be clearly stipulated in the description.
11. Only one machine may be listed per advert. Adverts must not feature multiple machines unless the models are identical. Otherwise, each machine or item of equipment must be listed in a separate advert.
12. Adverts must be machinery or equipment related. Machinesonline.com.au specialises in machinery and equipment sales and does not accept general sales advertising of non-machinery related items.
13. Buyer inquiries should be answered within 48 hours. Reports of your failure to respond to inquiries may result in your advert(s) being deleted as they will be deemed “not available for sale”.
14. Sold items must be removed within 48 hours of a sale so as to ensure the marketplace is current.
15. Adverts must comply with all relevant Federal & State Consumer and Fair Trading Laws which in broad terms prohibits the making of false or misleading representations about:
- the standard, quality, value or grade of goods or services
- the composition style, model or history of goods
- whether the goods are new
- a particular person agreeing to acquire goods or services
- testimonials by any person relating to goods or services
- the sponsorship, approval, performance characteristics, accessories, benefits and uses of goods or services
- the price of goods or services
- the availability of repair facilities or spare parts
- the place of origin of a product – for example, where it was made or assembled
- a buyer’s need for the goods or services
- any guarantee, warranty or condition on the goods and services.
16. Duplicating an advert or listing the same machine more than once is not permitted. Offending adverts will be deleted without warning. Duplicating content can be penalized by search engines and can result in less leads for yourself and other advertisers.
IMPORTANT: MachinesOnline maintains it’s advertising rules to provide the best possible sales results for all users. Breaching advertising rules will result in adverts being deleted permanently without warning or suspended until the breach is rectified by the Advertiser. Continued breaches may result in suspension of a sellers profile and further use of machinesonlines.com.au as well as any other website or service owned and/or managed by Motocafe Holdings Pty Ltd as Trustee for the Pratten Family Trust.